From the cool and serene winter months, where you can witness the breathtaking sunrise over the golden dunes, to the vibrant springtime when the desert blooms with colorful wildflowers, every season brings its own unique charm to the WHITE CAMEL ACACIA Camp.
From the moment owners Jawad and Abdel stumbled upon this scenic piece of their native land, they set out to create something extraordinary. They envisioned a place for you to disconnect, exhale, and experience authentic Moroccan hospitality and nature.
Each of our five exclusive tent lodges is meticulously designed to blend seamlessly with the natural surroundings. Constructed using traditional Berber techniques and adorned with intricate handcrafted furnishings, our tents offer an oasis of comfort amidst the vast desert landscape.
Escape the noise and chaos of everyday life and embark on a transformative journey through the Sahara Desert. Let the WHITE CAMEL ACACIA Camp be your sanctuary, where you can disconnect, reconnect with nature, and experience the genuine warmth and hospitality of the Berber people.
Art and Culture
What Clients Say
24 Hour Concierge
Bar & Restaurant
Can't find your question in the list? Let us know your questions.
REGISTRATION: A non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. The deposit amount will be specified at the time of booking. However, it is usually 30 % of the tour price. The rest of the tour cost is paid on the date shown in your quotation, usually 60 days before departure. If the reservation is made after this date, the entire tour price must be paid at the time of confirmation.
- CANCELLATION: Please make sure that all cancellations are received in writing. Unless otherwise specified in your quotation, the following cancellation terms will apply to your booking:
- Cancellations received between the date of booking and 61 days before departure will result in the loss of the deposit.
- Cancellations received 60 - 46 days before departure will be subject to a cancellation charge of 25% of the tour price.
- Cancellations received 45 - 29 days before departure will be subject to a cancellation charge of 50% of the tour price.
- Cancellations received 28 - 15 days before departure will be subject to a cancellation charge of 75% of the tour price.
- Cancellations received 14 days or less before departure will be subject to a forfeiture of the entire tour price.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards.
Check-in / out Times
- Check-in time: 15h00
- Check-out time: 11h00
From 1 June to 30 Agust
- Check-in time: 18h00
- Check-out time: 11h00
Where do I meet you in Merzouga?
in front of the Morocco National 4x4 auto museum
How long do you think I should reach the camp when I arrive in Merzouga?
- 15 to 20 mins by 4x4
- 40 minutes by camel
Do I need a 4WD car to reach the camp?
YES, only 4x4 can take the sand tracks to get to the camp,
What is the best time to come to the camp?
It depends on the season, but the best plan is to arrive before sunset:
- SEPT-OCT: 4:30 PM
- NOV-FEB: 3:00 PM
- TUE–APRIL: 4:30 a.m.
- MAY-JUN: 6 PM
- JULY-AUG: 7 PM
At what time is sunrise/sunset?
How long is the trip from Marrakech or Fes? How many kilometers?
- 565 km from Marrakech – 9 hours drive
- 470 km from Fes – 8 hours drive
- 368 km from Ouarzazate – 5 hours drive
- 127 km from Errachidia – 2 hours
- 53 km from Erfoud – 50 mins
Do you have any recommendations or advice for our stay in the desert?
- Always have sun cream (any season), sunglasses, a cap or hat, long sleeves, and good tennis shoes. Warm clothes during the winter time, and a small pharmacy.
Do you have wifi in your camp?
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access; however, due to the lodge's remote location, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
Do you have electricity? Can we plug in our phone on the spot?
Do you have a special menu for vegetarians or in case of dietary restrictions?
- YES, we can adapt to all your needs.
Half the fun is getting there! It's a spectacular trip — the drive is a reason in itself for visiting the desert . It's an eclectic mix of mountain passes, lush valleys, Berber villages clinging to the mountain side , dilapidated kasbahs, palm groves and awe inspiring rock formations. It is simply an exciting voyage , as one travels through a myriad of landscapes from the frenetic activity of Marrakech to the calm and open vistas of the desert.
The trip to the desert is quite long, about 9 hours, but it should not be rushed. There's a timelessness about the desert , and the trip should not be governed by the need to arrive anywhere at a specific time. For sure, one wants to arrive at the camp near sunset, but you don't want to hurry either.
Ideally, the preferred itinerary, provided you have time, is to spend one night at a some Kasbah en Road to the desert , some days in the desert and then return to Marrakech or Fez (Fes). if you don't have so much time available, you can either drive direct to the desert, or reduce the length of staying at the camp to two nights.
So, if you are going directly to the camp from Marrakech or Fes we suggest you depart as early as possible, about 06:00. If staying en route a departure sometime after breakfast is fine.
Most guests take a 4×4 with driver, not only because it is more relaxing and informative, but also because the camp is difficult to find and the drive in the desert quite technical. However, it is also possible to self-drive as far as ERFOUD and rent from there a 4×4 with driver. For those seeking adventure you can rent a 4×4 in Marrakech and drive to the camp although you will require a guide from Erfoud or Merzouga.
There is no specific itinerary, because everyone has different interests and wants to do things at a different pace.
Traveling by plane or private jet is indeed the fastest way to reach the desert.Best means of transport for those who don't have time. The nearest airport from Merzouga is Errachidia (2 hours drive).
Prices on request only.
The nearest commercial airport is Errachidia, which is 2 hours from the camp. There are 5 flights per week from Casablanca with Royal Air Maroc.
You also have another option starting from Marrakech to Ouarzazate, a 5-hour drive from the camp. (2 flights per week).
More information is available on the Royal Air Maroc website, www.royalairmaroc.com
- Royal Air Maroc offers flights every day from Casablanca to Errachidia
- Air Arabia also offers 1 flight/week from Fes to Errachidia - www.airarabia.com
- Ryanair also offers 2 flights/week from Marrakech to Errachidia - www.Ryanair.com